Follow these steps to see your photos on AstroStop
First, make a list of the following information for each
(include as much information as you can, but at least the first 5 items for each
1. Your name.
2. The name of the object in the photo,
including any star or deep space catalogue numbers, if known.
3. The date and time the photo was taken
(approximate time is Ok).
4. The place where the photo was taken
(city and state or a description of the location).
5. Give the filename of the photo this information is
6. The sensitivity that your digital camera
used when taking the picture, or film speed (ex. ISO 800).
7. The focal length of the lens used
8. The f-stop and exposure time used (ex.
9. Was the camera on a stationary tripod,
or was it guided to follow the motion of the sky?
10. Give a short explanation of the local
conditions at the time the photo was taken, and add any
about your experience in taking the photo.
1. Save the above information in a text
2. Create a zip file that contains the text
file and all of your photos.
3. Email the zip file to
your photos have arrived, they will appear on
the very next day.
Be sure to tell your friends and family to look
for your photos on